Definitions, characteristics and application of the legislation
There are various types of cookies, depending on their characteristics and functions, and these can remain on a user’s computer or mobile device for different periods of time: session cookies, which are automatically deleted when the browser is closed; persistent cookies, which remain on a user’s device until a pre-established expiry date.
Among the technical cookies which do not require express consent for their use, the Italian Data Protection Authority also includes:
- "analytics cookies",”/anonymous statistics cookies, if tools are adopted that reduce the identifying power of cookies and the third-party supplier does not cross-reference the information collected with other information already available, used directly by the website operator to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of users and how they visit the website;
- browsing or session cookies that guarantee normal browsing and use of the website (allowing users, for example, to make a purchase or log in to access restricted areas);
- functionality cookies, which enable users to browse according to a series of criteria aimed at improving the service provided.
Conversely, for profiling cookies - aimed at identifying user preferences in order to improve and customize their browsing experience and/or send them marketing communications in line with the preferences expressed while browsing - as well as for analytics cookies, if tools that reduce the identifying power of cookies are not adopted and the third party cross-references the information collected with other information already available, prior consent from the user is required.
Types of cookies used by the website
The website uses the following types of cookies:
- Technical - browsing or session - cookies strictly necessary for the functioning of the website or to enable users to use the contents and services they request.
- Technical functionality cookies, used to activate specific functions of the website and a series of selected criteria in order to improve the service provided.
- Cookies or other anonymous analytical/statistical identifiers from first and third parties, used to collect information, in an anonymized form, on the way in which users visit the website, and to keep track of traffic to and from the website, for functional website operation purposes. The information collected by these cookies is processed in an aggregate and anonymous form, without any information being collected on the specific User - therefore the use of these cookies does not involve the processing of personal data and the prior consent of users is not required.
- Cookies or other first- and third-party profiling trackers, aimed at observing the use of the website and its contents by users to detect their preferences and to outline profiles relating to the users, in order to create commercial communications and a browsing experience in line with the preferences expressed by users which browsing the web. These cookies are used to offer targeted advertising and communications that are more relevant to your interests.It should be noted that Brunello Cucinelli may also use technical, functionality and analytics cookies that are not anonymous (in particular, Google Analytics cookies) for tracking and profiling purposes only to the extent that users have given the relative consent for the activation and use of profiling cookies.
It should be noted that the aforementioned third parties process personal data as data processors on behalf of Brunello Cucinelli, pursuant to specific agreements for the processing of data pursuant to Article 28 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679. The third parties, listed below with the relative hypertext links to the privacy policies, also act as independent data controllers of the data collected through the cookies they send, therefore users must refer to their personal data processing policies, information notices and any consent collection forms (for the selection and de-selection of the respective cookies).
- Google: https://www.google.it/;
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/;
- Google Doubleclick: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin;
- Microsoft Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/;
- Yahoo: https://policies.yahoo.com/;
- Yandex Metrica: https://metrica.yandex.com/;
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/;
- Contentsquare: https://contentsquare.com/;
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/.
In detail, the cookies sent directly through the website are indicated below.
Users can make a choice and specifically indicate which cookies to authorize the first time they access the website, using the appropriate cookie banner. In any case, users can review their choices regarding cookie settings at any time.Users can also authorize, block or delete cookies (in whole or in part) using the specific functions of their browser.
N.B. Users should note that not authorizing technical cookies may make it impossible to use the website, view its contents and use the related services. Inhibiting functionality cookies may mean that some services or certain functions of the website are not available or do not work properly and users may be forced to modify or manually enter certain information or preferences each time they visit the website. Failure to authorize other cookies, even from third parties, on the other hand, does not compromise the functioning of the website.
The choices made by users in relation to website cookies will in turn be recorded in a specific technical cookie, with the characteristics shown in the appropriate cookie table. User preferences regarding cookies will be reset if different devices or browsers are used to access the website.